Package Author: Anki Team
Anki is a program which makes remembering things easy. Because it's a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn.
Anyone who needs to remember things in their daily life can benefit from Anki. Since it is content-agnostic and supports images, audio, videos and scientific markup (via LaTeX), the possibilities are endless.
* Learning a language
* Studying for medical and law exams
* Memorizing people's names and faces
* Brushing up on geography
* Mastering long poems
* Even practicing guitar chords!
Use the free AnkiWeb synchronization service to keep your cards in sync across multiple devices.
From card layout to review timing, Anki has a wealth of options for you to customize.
Embed audio clips, images, videos and scientific markup on your cards, with precise control over how it's shown.
Anki will handle decks of 100,000+ cards with no problems.
There are a large number of add-ons available.
Because the code and storage format is open, your important data is safe.
First setup Instructions:
1) Make sure you have the wxpython.pnd from PtitSeb installed on your Pandora before trying to start Anki.
2) Get a deck to study stuff from, on the following page: https://ankiweb.net/shared/decks/ and put them where you want.
3) Start Anki from the "Education" menu folder in xfce, and the first thing you'll have to do is click on "import file" on the bottom right. Select the deck you want to study.
3) The deck will be loaded, and will appear in ANki's main window.
4) Click on the deck title to start learning. If the deck has sound, turn the volume up :)
Version 188.8.131.52 : Feb 13 2014 / Minor modification as an attempt to fix the locale issue for some users.
Version 184.108.40.206 : Feb 10 2014 / first release. Candidate for the Alive and Kicking Coding Competition.