Package Author: Andrew Smith
Asunder is a graphical Audio CD ripper and encoder for Linux. You can use it to save tracks from an Audio CD as any of WAV, MP3, OGG, FLAC, Opus, WavPack, Musepack, AAC, and Monkey's Audio files.
- Can save audio tracks as WAV, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Opus, Wavpack, Musepack, AAC, and Monkey's audio files
- Uses CDDB to name and tag each track
- Creates M3U playlists
- Can encode to multiple formats in one session
- Simultaneous rip and encode
- Allows for each track to be by a different artist
- Does not require a specific desktop environment
NOTE: Screenshots show a Japanese language interface but by default it will support your default system language as well. Do not worry.
20th Aug 2013: Build 2 / I think OGG conversion works now. Hopefully.
18th Aug 2013: Build 1 / Fully operational but for some reason OGG encoding does not work. Will probe further. But MP3 and FLAC encoding work fine.