Package Author: Jon Sneyers
Pandora Image Viewer is a fast image viewer, optimized for large JPEG files (e.g. from a digital camera).
It has all the basic functionality to get you from an SD card full of holiday pictures to a web gallery of selected images.
PIV was written by _wb_. The viewer itself was somewhat based on vp by Erik Greenwald.
Besides the viewer itself, PIV also includes and uses the following libraries and programs: libjpeg-turbo 1.3.0, libpng 1.6.6, libwebp-0.3.1, Jhead 2.97, Exiv2 0.23, ImageMagick 6.8.7, UFRaw 0.19.2, and Sigal 0.5.1.
- 4 times faster than other viewers, feels very snappy
- full 24-bit color
- zoom from fit-to-screen to 4:1
- thumbnails: show up to 20x16=320 thumbnails per screen
- nubs to pan around (left nub=fast, right nub=precise)
- rotation and crop (losslessly)
- delete and select files
- perform actions on selected files: scaling, conversion, web gallery generation with Sigal (included), etc.
- supports JPEG, PNG, WebP, BMP, PNM (PPM/PGM/PBM), XPM, LBM, PCX, GIF, TGA, and TIFF file formats directly,
and many more via behind-the-scenes conversion using ImageMagick (included), a.o.:
AI, DICOM, DPX, FAX, JBIG, JPEG-2000, MIFF, Photo CD, PSD, SVG, XCF,
and most raw camera formats, including Canon (CRW, CR2), Kodak (DCR, K25, KDC), Sony (ARW, MRW, SRF, SR2), Nikon (NEF, NRW), and more (DNG, ERF, MEF, ORF, RAF, RW2, X3F).
- view Exif and other metadata information
v0.6.0 (September 2014):
- Thumbnail tweaks: better fit, orientation always correct
- Navigate subdirectories in thumbnail mode
- Support for archives (zip, rar, cbz, cbr)
- Flickr uploading
- Various minor tweaks and bugfixes
v0.5.0 (February 15, 2014):
- Thumbnails! Show 2 to 320 thumbnail previews per screen.
This is very useful for navigation and to sort out your pictures (rotate/select/delete).
- Smooth instead of crude downscaling