Package Author: jeeks
A small arcade game featuring a thirsty student with the goal to empty out every single vending machine on the campus.
Use B to buy drinks, press start to pause. In the score screen, use up and down keys to change the letters (press left or B when you're done).
Machines with an X over them are empty, the ones with a ! sell special drinks. The student's current preferred brand (on the right of the status bar) will give you bonus points.
Balancing is work in progress, don't hesitate to critize it and tell me what's wrong with it! :) Forum thread is here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/sodarunner.77806/
Currently working on:
- dodging/hitting obstacles affects the score now
- obstacle types vary depending on difficulty
- new obstacle: blackboard on rolls
- mini-manual overhaul
- pseudo vfx for two of the special machines
- machine colors should be easier to tell apart
- fixed PXML (hopefully)
- got rid of vsync issue
- brightened up colors in the cutscene
- obstacles! (first iteration; might be wonky)
- SFX! (still looking for music)
- difficulty modes!
- small cutscene to explain what's going on (skip it by pressing start, B, or X)
- UI: replaced ambiguous "brand" label with "fav"
- fixed missing game over screen
- fade to black when quitting so it doesn't look like the game's crashing
- removed obsolete old button mappings
- updated title screen
- added button mapping screen
- added instruction screen (will be replaced by cutscene)