Package Author: Canseco
Sonic Visualiser is a program for viewing and analysing the contents
of music audio files.
With Sonic Visualiser you can:
* Load audio files in various formats (WAV/AIFF, plus Ogg and mp3
if compiled in) and view their waveforms
* Look at audio visualisations such as spectrogram views, with
interactive adjustment of display parameters
* Annotate audio data by adding labelled time points and defining
segments, point values and curves
* Run feature-extraction plugins to calculate annotations
automatically, using algorithms such as beat trackers, pitch
detectors and so on
* Import annotation data from various text formats and MIDI files
* Play back the original audio with synthesised annotations, taking
care to synchronise playback with the display position
* Slow down and speed up playback and loop segments of interest,
including seamless looping of complex non-contiguous areas
* Export annotations and audio selections to external files.
Sonic Visualiser can also be controlled remotely using the Open Sound
Control (OSC) protocol (if support is compiled in).