First of all:
This is not my game.
The only things I did before publishing this on the repo are:
- tweaked the colours of the text so that it is visible on the Pandora's screen
- adapted the graphics layout to the OpenPandora's screen (see below)
- added the appdirs library missing from Zaxxon OS
- merged this text with the original readme.
- packaged this into a pnd.
Why should you get this?:
- Learning Japanese in context, rather than through separate words.
- 41 MB of pure text as a source for this game (Doumo Arigatou Tanaka-san ^_^ )
- Learn hiragana and katana
- Learn kanji from JLPT levels N5-N2
- Though the main focus is educational, there is still a bit of JRPG gaming involved.
Press F1 for help on the in-game controls
Major upstream bug:
- Some example lines are too long to fit on the screen and are clipped
If someone could help me implement a scrolling lower screen with two button bindings to scroll left and right, I'd be very grateful indeed. I am learning Pygame now in order to make the message view scrollable but I could still use some help.
(my e-mail address is mentioned in the pnd). It would also be a great way for me to properly say " Thank You!" to the awesome work of both Tomasz Wegrzanowski and Tanaka-san.
- Most of the example lines in the Tanaka text corpus have no complete translation
I welcome helpful criticism. I like to learn and I want this app to be as helpful and fun as possible.